Working as skin’s natural moisturizer, olive oil works in delaying aging effects on skin because of its healthy content of antioxidants and fats. Rose water, for its part, is one awesome beauty agent because it contains antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. It’s effective in maintaining the pH balance of skin, healing of scars, calming acne and revitalizing skin that’s aging. As an added bonus, it comes with a pleasant smell too.
So the ingredients to prepare are simply one apple, some olive oil and rose water. Along with these, you will be needing the following from your kitchen: A bowl, a mixing spoon, a knife, a blender, a double boiler and a container whether in glass or plastic.
Here’s how you do it:
- Slice your apple in two equal parts.
- Take out the seeds.
- Chop both halves into little pieces.
- Put all chopped pieces into your blender.
- Mix one half cup of olive oil.
- Blend the mixture for a duration of 5-7 minutes. Continue until you see it having a thick and smooth consistency.
- Pour into the double boiler. Allow to heat for some minutes or specifically, until it becomes warm enough.
- Take your mixture out from the boiler and let it cool.
- Once cooled enough, add in one half cup of rose water.
- Then transfer it to your glass or plastic container for storage.
To use, simply cleanse your face and neck then pat dry. Use your fingers to apply the cream on your skin gently, rubbing it in upward strokes with circular movements. Allow the mixture to stay on your skin overnight. Wash off with water that’s lukewarm the morning after.