Liposuction, which is also known as ‘lipoplasty’, or simply ‘vaserlipo’, is a cosmetic surgery which removes stubborn fat from different sites of the human body. VASER stands for ‘Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance’ uses third generation of ultrasound energy to get rid of the extra flab.
Vaser lipo is an advanced form of body contouring technique that selectively removes the unwanted body fat. Rather than laser it uses ultrasound waves to target the fatty cells of the body. Before it is taken out of the body the fat is broken and melted. Then it is taken out of the body with the help of a ‘cannula’. This is done in such a way that it does not affect the surrounding blood vessels or connective tissues.
It was first introduced in March 2001; and till date more than 100,000 procedures have been carried out in countries across the globe and with no reports of adverse effects till now. With the improved and advanced technique of vaser liposuction or vaser lipo became a minimally invasive cosmetic surgery. Moreover, in September 2002, the technique has acquired clearance from the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) in the United States for body contouring.
Vaser lipo is performed in a sterile environment such as a hospital, body clinic. Doctors can prescribe whether to go for IV sedation, local anesthesia or general anesthesia. The body areas on which this surgery can be performed are upper and lower abdomen, back, male chest, buttocks, inner and outer thighs, chin and neck, knees, calves, ankles and so on.
1. Firstly, the targeted fatty area is injected with a ‘tumescent fluid’.
2. The fluid helps in shrinking the surrounding blood vessels and numbing the area.
3. It then becomes easy for removing the fat cells and lowers the risk of blood loss and bruising.
4. Small incisions are made into the body in between the layer of muscle and skin, through which thin tubes/probes are inserted.
5. High frequency ultrasound waves are transmitted through the probes which help in loosening the fat cells without disturbing the connective tissues, nerves and blood vessels.
6. The liquefied fat cells are then removed from the body by means of special suction tubes known as ‘cannula’.
7. Depending on the number of areas to be treated, vaser lipo procedure takes several hours.
Out of the various forms of liposuction, arm liposuction is quiet popular among the youth. They specially go for Arm liposuction and Gynecomastia.
• The candidates who are ideal for this liposuction surgery should have good skin tone and elasticity as it helps the skin to molds into new contours.
• People with loose skin elasticity may end up with loose-looking skin in areas where the procedure was done.
• The patient needs to be in good health; people with blood problems, such as coronary artery disease, diabetes, as well as those with weakened immune systems should not undergo liposuction.
• Candidates should be over the age of 18 years
Arm liposuction can help you to get rid of sagging fats from beneath your arm. To get rid of the sagging fat in the lower arms as well, this surgery is done. As it distracts the overall look and women are especially self-conscious about it. Men are also not far behind about their looks either.
Instead of an incision, a narrow ‘cannula’ is inserted into the skin; which melts and dissolves the fat around the arms. Then this fat is sucked out. The time taken for the entire surgery in this case is around one-two hours. The patient is administered withlocal anaesthesia. The result of this surgery includes lesser scarring and swelling.
If the upper arms carry huge amounts of fat in them, then one can go for Brachioplasty. It is always advisable to consult a surgeon or a G.P. in order to know what procedure you should go for, before actually deciding it yourself.
Pros and Cons of Arm Liposuction:
The advantages are as follows:
• Recovery time is very fast and it helps you to get toned arms.
• Tissue tightening with coagulation.
• Minimal trauma.
• Areas with lax skin can be treated easily
• Less chances of complication.
The only disadvantages are as follows:
• The skin elasticity may be affected as the sagging skin cannot be removed.
• Minor scarring can happen.